Jan Burse, erstellt 17. Aug 2019
* The Jekejeke Prolog interpreter accepts numbers and internally
* represents them as integers, floats or decimals. The implementation
* represents floats and decimals as pairs of a mantissa and a scale.
* For floats the scale is binary, for decimals the scale is decimal:
* float = mantissa * 2scale
* decimal = mantissa * 10scale
* 1.0 = 100.0E-2
* 0d0.01 = 0d1E-2
* 0d123.4 = 0d1.234E2
* 0d1.0 \= 0d100E-2
* If an integral value is between -2^31 and 2^31-1 then the Java Integer
* is used instead of the Java BigInteger. Similarly if a decimal value has
* scale 0 and a mantissa between -2^63 and 2^63-1 then the Java Long is
* used instead of the Java BigDecimal. The decimal scale is restricted
* to 31 bits.
* The float mantissa is bounded and approximated to the precision. The
* small respectively large float binary scale is restricted to 8 bits
* respectively 11 bits. A negative zero is mapped to a positive zero.
* A NaN or infinity, irrespective of its sign, is considered outside
* of the domain and leads to an error.
* ?- [user].
* factorial(0, 1).
* factorial(X, Y) :- X>0, H is X-1, factorial(H, J), Y is X*J.
* ?- X is factorial(4).
* X = 24
* The predicate is/2 can be used to evaluate a term consisting of
* evaluable functions and number constants. Thanks to bridging an
* evaluable function can also be defined by ordinary Prolog clauses
* for the corresponding predicate. The evaluable function will only
* deliver the first result of the corresponding predicate.
* Warranty & Liability
* To the extent permitted by applicable law and unless explicitly
* otherwise agreed upon, XLOG Technologies GmbH makes no warranties
* regarding the provided information. XLOG Technologies GmbH assumes
* no liability that any problems might be solved with the information
* provided by XLOG Technologies GmbH.
* Rights & License
* All industrial property rights regarding the information - copyright
* and patent rights in particular - are the sole property of XLOG
* Technologies GmbH. If the company was not the originator of some
* excerpts, XLOG Technologies GmbH has at least obtained the right to
* reproduce, change and translate the information.
* Reproduction is restricted to the whole unaltered document. Reproduction
* of the information is only allowed for non-commercial uses. Selling,
* giving away or letting of the execution of the library is prohibited.
* The library can be distributed as part of your applications and libraries
* for execution provided this comment remains unchanged.
* Only to be distributed with programs that add significant and primary
* functionality to the library. Not to be distributed with additional
* software intended to replace any components of the library.
* Jekejeke is a registered trademark of XLOG Technologies GmbH.
* X is Y: [ISO 8.6.1]
* The predicate succeeds when X unifies with the evaluation of Y.
% -Number is +Expr