Jekejeke Prolog 0.9.0 available (speedy on 64-bit)
Jan Burse, created Apr 23. 2012
The release 0.9.0 of Jekejeke Prolog is available. It is more speedy than I expected on 64-bit platforms. At least if I compare with other systems, for example GNU Prolog in interpreter mode. Here are the ratios:
Mac 64-bit: 1.8
Windows 64-bit: 1.9
Linux 32-bit: 3.1
So whats new in this release? Here are some highlights:
- Byte I/O introduced.
- Some missing string functions introduced.
- Some missing trignometric functions introduced.
- On-demand multi-argument indexing introduced.
- Temporary variables optimzation introduced.
- DCG now uses 'C/3 instead of =/2.
- Font/background color of console now customizable.
As usual the runtime library and the development environment can be downloaded from www.jekejeke.ch. The installation guides include a detailed listed of the what's new and the persistent issues.
Jan Burse, 27. August 2011