This syntax describes the grammar that forms terms from token
sequences. The syntax follows mainly the ISO core Prolog standard  
. We also incorporate
some syntax extensions as known from SWI-Prolog-7 
. We find the following
- Simple Syntax: At the beginning there are variables
and atomics. More...
- Compound Syntax: Compounds
consist of a functor and arguments. More...
- List Syntax: Lists
are a short hand for special compounds and constants. More...
- Expression Syntax: Expressions
a short hand for operator based compounds. More...
- Special Syntax: Convenience
for array index and dictionary terms. More...
- Compatibility Matrix: ISO/DEC10
issues of this syntax. More...